DAUPHIN COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS COMMISSIONERS’ LEGISLATIVE MEETING
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2016 10:00 A.M.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. MOMENT OF SILENCE
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
November 23, 2016 Workshop Meeting November 30, 2016 Legislative Meeting November 30, 2016 Salary Board Meeting
V. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS HELD BETWEEN MEETINGS
VI. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
A. Dauphin County Parks & Recreation
B. Dauphin County Commissioners
C. George Connor and Shannon Gority
XI. REPORT FROM BUDGET & FINANCE DIRECTOR – MIKE YOHE
1. (Item CC under Matters Requiring Board Action)
VIII. SALARY BOARD – KAY LENGLE
A. Children & Youth
1. Create a Full-Time Program Specialist 1 position, Range 00115, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $23.32 p/h, effective December 14, 2016.
2. Abolish a Full-Time Administrative Officer 1 position, Range 00109, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $17.41 p/h, effective December 14, 2016.
3. Create a Full-Time CYS Quality Assurance Records Specialist position, Range 00109, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $17.41 p/h, effective December 14, 2016.
4. Abolish a Full-Time Caseworker 2 (QA) position, Range 06635, Salary $16.76 p/h, effective December 14, 2016.
B. Community & Economic Development
1. Create a Full-Time Program Coordinator position, Range 00108, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $16.57 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
2. Create a Full-Time Administrative Assistant I position, Range 00106, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $15.04 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
3. Abolish a Full-Time Administrative Assistant II/Program Coordinator Assistant position, Range 00108, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $16.57 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
C. Registration & Elections
Create a Part-Time Department Clerk II position, Range 09050, Step 30, Grade 03, Salary $15.00 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
Abolish a Full-Time Department Clerk II position, Range 01009, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $11.26 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
Abolish two (2) Part-Time Temporary Department Clerk II positions, Range 09050, Step 30, Grade 03, Salary $15.00 p/h, effective January 2, 2017.
Create a Full-Time Office Manager II position, Range 00108, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $16.57 p/h, effective December 19, 2016.
Abolish a Full-Time Administrative Assistant II position, Range 00108, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $16.57 p/h, effective December 19, 2016.
E. Probation Services
1. Create a Full-Time Probation Officer 1 (Adult Division) position, Range 08002, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $17.97 p/h, effective December 19, 2016.
2. Abolish a Full-Time Probation Officer 1 (Juvenile Division) position, Range 08002, Step 01, Grade 01, Salary $17.97 p/h, effective December 19, 2016.
IX. HUMAN RESOURCES – KAY LENGLE A. Personnel Packet
X. PURCHASING DIRECTOR, RANDY BARATUCCI
A. Purchase Orders
B. Bid Award – Office Supplies for 2017
A. Investment Report
XII. CHIEF CLERK/CHIEF OF STAFF’S REPORT –
XIII. SOLICITOR’S REPORT – JOSEPH A. CURCILLO, III, ESQ.
XIV. MATTERS REQUIRING BOARD ACTION
A. Satisfaction Piece for Jake R. Casher, Judd D. Casher and Bridget Q. Casher on the property located at 3230 Brookfield Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109 - $5,000.00.
B. Independent Contractor Agreement between Dauphin County (Coroner’s Office) and Wayne K. Ross, MD., P.C. for 2017.
2 C. Resolution #33 - 2016 approving the Hiring Freeze for 2017.
D. Resolution #34 - 2016 – Tax Levy and Appropriation Resolution for 2017.
E. Resolution #35 - 2016 – Master Resolution and Authorization for Depository Accounts and Treasury, VISA Purchasing Card Agreement, Resolutions for Extensions of Credit and Incumbency Certificate and Signature Card for the Card Procurement Program through PNC.
F. Subordination Agreement for Robert T. Trent on the property located at 6212 Catherine St., Harrisburg, PA 17112.
G. Subordination Agreement for Jennifer A. Picca on the property located at 6251 Heather Court, Harrisburg, PA 17112.
H. Subordination Agreement for Denise E. Gwilt on the property located at 32 State Street, Middletown, PA 17057.
I. Satisfaction Piece for Timothy M. Witmer and Erika M. Witmer on the property located at 198 Pine Street, Millersburg, PA 17061 - $1,760.00.
J. Satisfaction Piece for Rhonda Williams on the property located at 1834 Regina Street, Harrisburg, PA 17103 - $2,000.00.
K. Purchase of Service Agreements between Dauphin County (Children & Youth) and:
1. Perseus House, Inc.
2. Triple P America, Inc.
3. Natalie Burston, Esquire
L. Addendum #1 to Purchase of Service Agreement between Dauphin County (Children & Youth) and Pressley Ridge, Inc.
M. Amendments to Subsidized Legal Custodianship Agreement between Dauphin County (Children & Youth) and #2015-04 Amendment #1 and #2015-05 Amendment #1.
N. Purchase of Service Agreements between Dauphin County (Drug & Alcohol) and:
1. Positive Recovery Solutions, LLC
2. Pennsylvania Counseling Services, Inc.
O. Addendum #1 to the Purchase of Service Agreement between Dauphin County (Drug & Alcohol) and Pyramid Healthcare, Inc.
P. Amendments to Purchase of Service Agreements between Dauphin County (MH/ID) and:
1. JG Early Intervention Specialists, Inc. – Amendment #2
2. YWCA of Greater Harrisburg, Inc. – Amendment #1
3. International Service Center, Inc. – Amendment #1
Q. Emergency Solutions Grant Agreement between Dauphin County and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development – Contract #C000064444.
3 R. Human Services Development Fund Agreements between Dauphin County and:
1. International Service Center, Inc.
2. Christian Churches United of the Tri-County Area, Inc.
3. Shalom House, Inc.
4. Contact Helpline, Inc.
5. Capital Area Coalition on Homelessness, Inc.
S. Contract between Dauphin County (Recorder of Deeds) and Kofile Technologies, Inc. for historical records preservation.
T. Independent Contractor Agreement between Dauphin County (District Attorney’s Office) and Gary T. Lathrop.
U. Memorandum of Understanding between Dauphin County, the District Attorney and Swatara Township Police Department, Harrisburg City Police Department, Susquehanna Township Police Department, Steelton Borough Police Department and Penbrook Borough Police Department outlining the responsibilities relative to the pledges of funding of Emotional Support Services provided by Gary Lathrop.
V. Proposal from Midwest for the renewal of the County’s Excess Workers Compensation Insurance for the years 2017 and 2018.
W. Pro Rata Share – JRS Partnership – Docket #2016-CV-8397-TX – Parcel #63-018-138 - $1,876.80.
X. Pro Rata Share – MRPI Fulling Mill LP/MRPI Fulling Mill LLC/Clarion Partners – Parcel #36-011-004 - $1,462.00.
Y. Consultant Agreement between Dauphin County (Economic Development) and Terry R. Haines.
Z. Partial Refund of 2014-2016 Real Estate Taxes – Parcel #58-009-001 (S. 3rd Street) – Steelton Walnut LP d/b/a Felton Lofts - $16,579.21.
AA. Second Amendment to Cooperation Agreement between Dauphin County and the Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority.
BB. Subordination Agreement for Edwin Soto on the property located at 1943 Caledonia Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104.
CC. Subrecipient Agreement between Dauphin County and Capital Region Water for Drinking Water Emergency Generator Project.
DD. Resolution #36 - 2016 authorizing an additional $15 charge per deed and mortgage as a recording fee to be collected in Dauphin County, which funds will be used to establish a demolition fund.
EE. 2017 Tourism Grants:
1. Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau ($1,000,000 for Marketing Campaign and $30,000 for Comprehensive Study)
2. CREDC - $75,000
3. Big 33/Big 26 Baseball Classic - $100,000
4. Harrisburg City Islanders - $49,600
5. Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts - $50,000
6. Dauphin County Parks & Recreation/Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country - $50,000
7. National Rifle Association of America - $75,000
8. National Civil War Museum - $50,000
9. Senators Partners - $45,000
10. Friends of PA Farm Show Foundation - $30,000
11. Historical Society of Dauphin County - $26,000
12. Pennsylvania National Horse Show - $75,000
13. The American Literacy Corporation - $11,000
14. Hershey Jr. Bears/PeeWee Cup - $40,000
15. Londonderry Township - $25,000
16. Twin Valley Players - $15,000
17. PHR Baseball Association - $7,500
18. Friends of Fort Halifax Park, Inc. - $3,000
19. Hershey Jr. Bears - $6,000
20. Township of Derry Industrial and Commercial Development Authority - $10,000
21. Millersburg Borough - $1,000
22. Millersburg Borough - $500
23. Millersburg Borough - $1,000
24. Chris “Handles” Franklin Foundation - $3,000
25. Girls on the Run Capital Area - $2,000
26. Harrisburg Beer Week - $1,500
27. Youth Step USA Inc. - $5,000
28. East Shore YMCA - $3,000
29. Camp Curtin YMCA - $2,000
30. Harrisburg Downtown Improvement District - $5,000
31. Gamut Theatre Group, Inc. - $5,000
32. Hamm Camp, Inc. - $2,000
33. Harrisburg Young Professionals - $4,000
34. Harrisburg Symphony Association - $10,000
35. Harrisburg Area Riverboat Society, Inc. - $18,000
36. Chinese Cultural & Arts Institute - $5,000
37. High School Sports Live - $30,000
38. Hershey Soccer Club - $2,000
39. Central PA Figure Skating Club - $15,000
40. Northern Dauphin County YMCA - $5,000
41. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - $10,000
42. Cornish & Associates, Inc. - $10,000
43. Theatre Harrisburg - $7,500
44. Robert M. Jackson Veterans Center - $5,000
45. The Three Star Foundation, Inc. - $7,000
46. Central PA Friends of Jazz - $15,000
47. Invica, LLC - $15,500
48. Open Stage - $5,000
49. Hershey Figure Skating Club - $7,500
50. Hershey Symphony Orchestra - $7,500
51. Hummelstown Area Historical Society - $7,000
52. Hershey-Derry Township Historical Society - $2,500
53. Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art - $4,500 54. Gratz Fair Association - $5,000
55. Penn State Harrisburg Men’s Basketball - $2,500
FF. Agreement between Dauphin County and Hadfield Elevator Co. Inc. for the Elevator Modernization Project at the Human Services Building.
GG. Resolution #37 - 2016 authorizing J. Scott Burford and other appropriate County officers, staff and employees to execute documents and take other appropriate action to sell and convey the County’s interest in Tax Parcel #63-024-131 for $520,000 as set forth in a contract for sale previously executed and entered into by Dauphin County.
HH. Escrow Agreement between Dauphin County, Robert Radebach, Esq. and Green Meadows Limited Partners I (Detweiler Property).
II. Escrow Agreement between Dauphin County, Robert Radebach, Esq. and Esme Detweiler Freedman, Frances D. Granatino and Susan K. Detweiler (Detweiler Property).
JJ. Dauphin County Juror Parking Agreement between Dauphin County and Park Harrisburg for the year 2017.
KK. Partial Refund of 2016 Real Estate Taxes – Parcel #31-030-004 (E. 2nd Street) – 2nd Street Realty Associates LP - $8,614.84.
LL. Addendum to Representation Agreement between Dauphin County and Marcus & Millichap Real Estate for property located at the corner of S. 28th Street and Paxton Street (Vacant).
MM. Amendment to Purchase Agreement between Dauphin County and Marcus & Millichap for real property located at 3273 Paxton Street (Pizza Hut).
NN. United Concordia Renewal Dental Insurance Plan for 2017.
OO. Proposal to disassemble work stations in the Recorder of Deed office by Phillips Office Solutions.
PP. Letter of Support for the Stepping-Up Initiative (CJAB).
QQ. Savin Maintenance and Service Agreement between the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute and Dauphin County.
RR. Approval of the 2016-2017 Affirmative Action Plan.
SS. Resolution #38 – 2016 authorizing the acquisition of certain real estate in lieu of condemnation (Detweiler Property).
TT. 2017 Mileage Rate – 53.5 cents per mile.
UU. Appointment of Terry Haines and Roy Christ to the Affordable Housing Board - term expires December 31, 2018.
VV. Appointment of Randy Greider, Rennie Phillips and Keith E. Oellig to the Ag Land Preservation Board – terms expire December 31, 2019.
WW. Appointment of Helen Kopp and Dharla Maiden to the Council on Aging Board – terms expire December 31, 2019.
XX. Appointment of Lisa Lauver to the Capital Resource Conservation & Development Area Council Board of Directors – term expires November 2018.
YY. Appointment of Gayla Molinelli Bush, Virginia Teter, Rev. Phillip T. Deal and Alan Bostdorf to the Children and Youth Advisory Board – terms expire December 31, 2019.
ZZ. Appointment of Paul Anderson to the Conservation District Board – term expires December 31, 2020.
AAA. Appointment of James Imler and Sheryl Rozman to the Board of Trustees for Fort Hunter – terms expire December 31, 2019.
BBB. Appointment of Dave Shannon to the Dauphin County General Authority – term expires the 1st Monday of January 2022.
CCC. Appointment of Matthew Steck to the Industrial Development Authority/Economic Development Corporation – term expires 1st Monday of January 2022.
DDD. Appointment of Gary Crissman, Floyd Stokes and Diane McNaughton to the Dauphin County Library Board – terms expire December 31, 2017.
EEE. Appointment of Keith Oellig and Robert Spandler to the Dauphin County Planning Commission – Mr. Oellig’s term expires December 31, 2020 and Mr. Spandler’s term expires December 31, 2018 (filling an unexpired term).
FFF. Appointment of Charles Wallace to the Dauphin County Redevelopment Authority – term expires December 31, 2021.
GGG. Appointment of Clint Cullison to the Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau Board – term expires December 31, 2019.
HHH. Appointment of MSgt. Jamie Wolf to the Dauphin County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
III. Training Packet.
XV. FORMER BUSINESS
XVI. NEW BUSINESS
XVII. COMMISSIONERS’ DISCUSSION & ACTIONS
A. Notification from Glace Associates, Inc. advising that Gratz Borough Water Revenue Fund, managed by the Gratz Borough Municipal Authority, is submitting an application to DEP for a Water Allocation Permit (Renewal) WA 22-380A for Cold Spring.
B. Notification from Snyder, Secary & Associates, LLC advising that Talley Petroleum Enterprises, Inc. is applying to DEP for a NPDES Permit for stormwater discharges associated with the construction of one new 2-story office building with approximately 4,535 square feet of building footprint area with a possible expansion on the north side of Allentown Blvd. in East Hanover Township.
C. Notification from H. Edward Black and Associates, Ltd. advising that The Salvation Army is applying to DEP for a NPDES Permit for stormwater discharges associated with construction of a worship and community center with play grounds, parking lots, utilities and stormwater management.
XIX. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Friday November 18, 2016.
Dauphin county 2017 budget hearings.
Hotel Tax - Tourism grant applicants.